What is the issue?
Let us know in a brief paragraph or sentence why you are flagging this case. Here are some other issues we, at CodeHealth, would like to know about:
A mother brings in her 4-year-old son to the Emergency Department because "he swallowed a battery." The patient was playing in the living room and mom stepped out to grab a something from the kitchen. When she returned she saw the patient grab a button battery of the table and insert it into his mouth. She rushed to remove the battery but the patient swallowed the battery. The ingestion occurred approximately 90 mins ago. The patient appears well and has had no episodes of coughing/choking, stridor, increased work of breathing, or vomiting. On examination the child appears comfortable and in no distress. He is playing with his toys and appears non-toxic. His vital signs are all within normal limits. An x-ray of his abdomen is obtained (see media).